Morning after Sleep Study

I had to go in for a sleep study. Post Interferon, I have been doing strange things in my sleep. I have been talking a lot, and saying some mean things. I have never been a sleep talker, but since the chemo I am doing it all the time.

I am also kicking in my sleep. I think it might have to do with the fact that I am being chased in all my dreams. I think I might be running away in real life, while I am running in my dreams.

So here are pix:
my hospital hotel room

sleep study: my hospital hotel room

my I/O device, 32 channels, 64 pins

sleep study: the I/O box

me hooked up, they hooked it up to the back of my head, front of my head, nose, voicebox, chestt, shoulders, and my legs (those were fun to rip off…)

sleep study: the electrodes

sleep study: the electrodes

the view out my window in the morning looking north at the Empire State Building. still dark at 6am.

sleep study: waking up still dark

i’m foggy. terrible night sleep. the nurses station was directly behind the wall where my head was. after an hour of tossing and turning i had to ask them to be quiet, and also if i could use my headphones. it was almost the same kind of sleep i get on a red-eye flight. not enough. not comfortable, and disorienting.

was very weird to walk out onto the street at 630, walking down 14th st and all the shops are closed. the street vendors are just setting up. very few ppl on the street. weird.

went to chelsea mkt and got egg sandwich, hot chocolate, and did my morning emails. went really slow, but still got to studio at 730, a new personal record.

gonna crash hard tonight

Published by


I am 30 year old Brooklynite who was diagnosed with Stage III Melanoma in February 2008. I started this blog after the first day of high dose Interferon chemotherapy in June 2008.

2 thoughts on “Morning after Sleep Study”

  1. M, I did the exact same thing! My room was exactly the same! Same paintings! Same everything minus the awesome view. I slept adequately for several hours (felt like about 20 minutes), enough time for them to diagnose mild sleep apnea. It wasn’t a good medical experience. I felt like a Hysterical Woman. I said things like, “But, I didn’t do it! I didn’t strangle myself! I have to do this again so you can watch me strangle myself!” and they kept reassuring me that I slept long enough for them to figure me all out. I still don’t believe this to be true.

    I hope your results are more helpful than mine! My “prescription” was to sew a tennis ball on the back of my t-shirt while I’m sleeping. I made the t-shirt, but have managed not to strangle myself, somehow, in the meantime, so I haven’t worn it yet.

Leave a Reply